Sign Up if you sell art in Providence!
BUY ART is a free, city-sponsored program open to all individuals and venues in our city that sell art — this includes: galleries, artist-run sales, creative retailers, performing arts organizations and independent artists (residence or studio) located in the City of Providence.
To become a BUY ART partner, here’s all you need to do:
1. Email us your…
- Venue or artist name (this is the name that will appear on our website)
- Email address, phone # and mailing address (this is for internal purposes only)
- Website address
- Venue location (Downtown, College Hill, Federal Hill, West End, Wickenden, Online Only)
2. Pick up your buttons at City Hall. (For venues with storefronts we also have BUY ART window decals)
3. Provide one button to every person who purchases an original piece of art (fine art, craft and art objects all qualify), a ticketed performance, a season subscription or an art class.
4. Include BUY ART in your own promotion. We invite all partners to use our BUY ART logo and link to our program in their own online promotions.
In five years our “I BUY ART” pins and publicity have gotten noticed near and far. People wear the buttons, give them with gifts and generally get into the idea of being proud they bought art locally. Our online site is also building a city-wide database of where to buy art and Providence-based artists. This is a fun visual way to remind people to BUY ART and support the local art scene!
REMEMBER TO LOOK FOR OUR “CALL FOR ART” each August!
Each year we invite a new group of local artists and retailers to review and select the new images for our advocacy buttons. Watch for this “call” in late August.